Wednesday, November 23, 2011

900 bucks to upgrade computer, advice plz.?

I have 900 bucks to upgrade my computer, please give me some adice. My specs are:





500 Power Supply


Asus庐 P5N-E SLI nForce 650i SLI, Socket 775, PCI-E, DDR2


Intel庐 Core鈩?2 Duo processor E6700, 2.67ghz


2048MB Corsair鈩?DDR2 PC6400 DDR2-800 (2x1024)


evga 8600gt 256mb





I am mainly going to upgrade my graphic card. I am thinking about one of those 9 series cards. Maybe get two of them and do SLI. But I also noticed that I need a new power supply to do SLI. I was thinking about a 850ww power supply so i can make sure two cards will run well. Can you guys tell me what I can do with the 900 bucks so I can get the most out of it? I game a lot, so I need good graphics. I also have another question, will the 9 series work with my motherboard? Thanks. Please be at least a little detailed... THANKS ^ ^900 bucks to upgrade computer, advice plz.?
with 900 bucks you can buy a new computer. A new gaming computer. In a gaming computer you are mostly looking for RAM memory, so you want around 1GB-2GB RAM which should cover all the latest, best graphic games. You also are looking at your processor you need a fast one, faster than your measly 2.67 ghz. And last but not least you need a computer that can support direct x9.





I think you should just consider getting a new computer it will be much better. because older computer + new upgrades = slow computer.





Hope this is good advice for you and good luck.900 bucks to upgrade computer, advice plz.?
you'll need at least a kilowatt power supply to do SLI in 9 series just to be on the safe side





your specs are fine dude no need to upgrade really.....
I have added a couple of links below which will help you decide what you need and want..





Mike...
Hm, with $900 I would get an E8400 because I heard it's very good, even faster than a Q6600 (not in encoding though). Also, 8600's aren't very good either, so I suggest stretching your graphics card budget and getting an 8800 card. Getting 8800 to SLI is quite expensive so I wouldn't do that. Ram looks good. 500w might be a bit tricky for a 8800 (that's if you're getting one) so you probably want to get something like 600w just to be on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment