Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A little bit of mac/computer advice please?

Hey i am really thinking about getting a mac, and i need some thoughts on it.





I can get either an iMac or a macbook to replace my current desktop and im unsure on which.





I am leaning towards getting a macbook because i have already just recently bought a HD 24'; (DVI compatible) LCD screen, and buying an iMac would send that to waste.





Do you think that it would be practical to hook up my macbook to it using the correct cables etc to my screen, alongside a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.





what i am really asking is, is it really fiddly and time consuming to hook a macbook up to a screen and then take it away again, back and forth?A little bit of mac/computer advice please?
Well if you're feeling sinister, go off and see a minister, but for macs...





My idea on macs is, if you really like need a laptop, get a laptop.





I do graphics and like the fullscreen and have network and peripherals and whatnot, so I dont like laptops. Also, I dont like carrying around something as fragile as a computer... plus, do I want to carry around $1000-$2000 in cash all the time? I equate that to laptop.





So I use a desktop. Im planning on travelling the world in a few years and would get a laptop just for that.





So, like I said I use a desktop. Inevitably, every 4 or so years, you are going to have to upgrade. The way I figure that is, if I have something with a screen (laptops included) I am repurchasing the screen. What I mean is, with an imac, you aren't just getting a CPU, you are getting a screen and paying for that.





When I upgrade, I also dont upgrade keyboards or mice when I get a new computer. Laptops, you buy the keyboard again, so to speak...





If I have something I have to plug up, even a powercord, it's a pain, so maybe Im critical. If I had a laptop, I'd have to plug up my speakers, my rollball mouse, my external hard drive and my modem... Screw that.





I have been using a macmini for about 4 years, and had a g3 tower before that. When I upgraded to the mini, I paid $500 for a totally new computer. I upgraded my monitor last year, but that was on my own terms and there was nothing wrong with my previous monitor, so I look at it as a luxury purchase...





I am about to upgrade coincidentally next week to a dual G5 tower for $700 with a 160 GB hard drive and 3G of RAM. I dont have to sweat anything but the computer part. I can probably sell my mac-mini for $200 too, so Im spending about $500 every 5 years, which to me isn't bad.





I don't get off on having the newest of the new, so I might not be the best to ask.





If you dont use heavy graphics, my advice would be a mac mini. I upgraded mine to 512 and works well with 15 MB photoshop files. Having a few programs up at the same time can slow it down.A little bit of mac/computer advice please?
Not really, it's just one more cable to unplug along with the power cord, mouse and Ethernet. I'd only be concerned about overworking the video connector, especially if you did it daily.





The iMac does support using a second monitor as an extended desktop by the way.
it takes all of 3 seconds to hook it up and then another 10 to get the computer configured for 2 monitors.





very easy , i suggest you do it , newer macs come with dvi out ports
Get a PC
it only takes the connection from the new monitor and a


adapter cable that you can buy.





So there will be an adapter plugged into your mac that plugs into the monitor....





I dont know what its called so ask at a computer electronics store.
i dont think the macbook has the correct plug input for a standard screen. u can buy an adapter though. but once you have a macbook, i know you wont need or want the monitor. its an amazing portable laptop. you can sit in bed and surf the web (thats what i do.) just keep in mind that a newer version is bound to come out in june.
AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!





Go to your doc and get checked out!! LOL nah only kidding.





Why would you want to get a mac? A PC with XP is the more widely supported os even though I hate microsoft even more than apple.





Stick with a PC with microsoft in even though they are money grabbing *********! They do have a good reliable(ish) os that does what its supposed to do as long as the software you are using is well made.

No comments:

Post a Comment