Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I want to start recording my songs on my computer - Advice please?

Hi there,


I'm a songwriter and musician and want to start putting my songs down on multitrack but using a computer.


Someone has suggested Cubase or Reason.


My main question is - how do I record singing as there is only a little mini jack and my microphones have 1/4 inch jacks on them.


Also, I'm a bit of a technophobe so it has to be a really simple programme. To start off I'm only gonna need about 8 tracks. I'm used to analogue recording with reel to reel and old fashioned stuff.


Are there any groups out there where you can learn step by step how to start hard disk/computer recording????


I hope someone can help with all these questions!lol


Thanks


TansyI want to start recording my songs on my computer - Advice please?
Try fruity loops or audacity.


.


.


.


.


You can connect the microphone by plugging the rose connector into the rose socket at the back of your PC. Then double click volume icon in taskbar. Choose options-%26gt;Properties. Choose recording. Check the microphone. Select the microphone and increase its volume. Then go to audacity. Press the red button which is like a circle. It will start recording. Multiple tracks also possible.I want to start recording my songs on my computer - Advice please?
Actually, none of those DAW softwares are really easy.


You may wanna get a digital MTR.





Try check these packages. They are a bit expensive because they have everthing you need, but check the MTR/Hard disk recorder in the package if you don't need other stuff .





http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-DP01-All-In-One-Recording-Package?sku=240491





http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-DP01FXCD-AllInOne-Recording-Package?sku=240495
  • soft lips
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment