Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rate my first gaming custom built computer. Advice or comments?

These are the parts I'm planning on using.





Intel Core 2 Duo E6600


G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB)


MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit


Western Digital Caviar RE WD1600YS 160GB 7200 RPM


ASUS Black 18X Optical


COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Tower


Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W


ECS P965T-A Intel LGA775 Core2 DDR2-800 Motherboard





It's cost is roughly 700$ give or take buying all the parts. Is there anything I should add or redo? I want to replace the motherboard with a EVGA nForce 650i Ultra but I want to make sure I have the right power supply and everything, also I might go with the OCZ 2GB Platinum Revision 2 memory instead of the G.Skills. but again I'm worried about having enough power. I'm going to use this purely for WoW. Any thoughts, comments or advice would be fantastic. Thanks for your time!Rate my first gaming custom built computer. Advice or comments?
AMD Athlon 62 X2 4200


OCZ 2GB PC64000


HIS ATI 1650Pro


Western Digitial Caviar 320GB SATA


MSI K9A Platinum AM2 AMD 580X CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard


ASUS Black x20 DVD Burner with lightscribe


Rosewill PS


$100 Dollar Thermaltake case





Without the case and after rebates the total comes to $450.


With the case you could make one with those stats for $500.





Check http://tomshardware.com for CPU comparison charts.Rate my first gaming custom built computer. Advice or comments?
well that looks pretty good just to play wow.....i would spend an xtra 50$ and get q6600...go with the ocz ram and the evga board........if your going with a 8600 gt ya might want to look at the 8600gts superclocked from evga.....its on newegg....160.00 after rebate and a free game......plus you can use the step up program before the end of three months and move up to a better card.....but even if ya change nothing i think you would have a good system to do what your going to do with it.......





scott
good. but the mobo is not quite... better use asus or gigabyte mobos
I think you should change your graphic cards memory to 512mb. your other settings are good.





also change your rams to 'corsair' 800Mhz.

No comments:

Post a Comment