Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I want to start recording my songs on my computer - Advice please?

Hi there,


I'm a songwriter and musician and want to start putting my songs down on multitrack but using a computer.


Someone has suggested Cubase or Reason.


My main question is - how do I record singing as there is only a little mini jack and my microphones have 1/4 inch jacks on them.


Also, I'm a bit of a technophobe so it has to be a really simple programme. To start off I'm only gonna need about 8 tracks. I'm used to analogue recording with reel to reel and old fashioned stuff.


Are there any groups out there where you can learn step by step how to start hard disk/computer recording????


I hope someone can help with all these questions!lol


Thanks


TansyI want to start recording my songs on my computer - Advice please?
Try fruity loops or audacity.


.


.


.


.


You can connect the microphone by plugging the rose connector into the rose socket at the back of your PC(near to the green speaker connector). Then double click volume icon in taskbar. Choose options-%26gt;Properties. Choose recording. Check the microphone. Select the microphone and increase its volume. Then go to audacity. Press the red button which is like a circle. It will start recording. Multiple tracks also possible.
  • soft lips
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment