Wednesday, November 23, 2011

OK, I really need some computer advice?

OK, I have a lot of questions about upgrading my computer. It's an old Compaq Presario SR1103WM. The only upgrade I've done is adding 512 MB of RAM. This summer I was going to upgrade the RAM again, get a new P4 processor, and a new PCI graphics card to play games that are a few years old. I know about the RAM and the new processor. My questions are:





Will my motherboard handle all of this?


Someone told me my motherboard couldn't handle newer graphics cards, what kind will it take?


Will I need a new power supply for all of this?





Basically that's about it.





Here's the link to the specs:


http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00191902%26amp;cc=us%26amp;dlc=en%26amp;lc=en%26amp;jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN





And here's the link to the motherboard specs:


http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en%26amp;cc=us%26amp;dlc=en%26amp;docname=c00063244#c00063244_docOK, I really need some computer advice?
If you're gonna spend any more money upgrading that piece of crap, then you're crazy. PC's are disposable nowadays. It will only be as fast as it's weakest link, which would be the motherboard. My advice is to buy a used Intel Mac on ebay, buy Bootcamp if you really need to run Windows, and be worry free for the next few years like me.OK, I really need some computer advice?
because a lot of stores order their computers differently you will need to look up the model number for the power supply and calculate the new graphics card but i doubt you will need a new power supply if it is a recent computer.and the mother board can only handle so much RAM
It's to old your better off building a new PC it should not cost much. Just think about it here is a good link http://www.newegg.com they have everything.
Your MOBO will NOT accept PCI-E, only PCI, which is very old and obsolete in terms of graphics.
Suggest you research and record what you need to bring your PC up to date and cost.





You may not find it cost-effective as I was told when I wanted to upgrade my Pentium III.





By closely watching weekend ads in our newspaper, where Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy, Circuit City, are all competing with weekend specials, I picked up a new Pentium IV for $299. Stores usually have a limited supply on hand so you have to get there early.





Another thought is to check out Dell and HP for refurbished. They usually come with full warranty and if you are lucky enough to catch one, you can get a really good deal. Again, they go quickly so you have to keep checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment